Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Be You Bravely

MOPS - Mothers of Preschoolers has been a true blessing over the last two years. Not only have I a found a group of women that are supportive, but also share the same ups and downs of being a mother. It is my second year as the Creative Activities Coordinator and I'm getting excited about our upcoming projects.
This year our theme is "Be you bravely".
Isaiah 43:18-19 says, Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
I wanted to surprise our leadership with a gift to help boost our excitment for the up coming year. Our retreat is this weekend and I would like to present them to everyone then.
 
 
 
Our groups have already been determined so each leaders necklace has a pearl of thier group color and a burlap bag with their initial ribbon also in their group color. 

 
In our MOPS welcome kit this year each of us are sent a Courage Key so an extra jump ring has been added for the learship memebers to attach thier keys. My complete necklace is below. 

 
You can find the bottle cap tutorial here.
 
I'm hoping to share more this year.   I have some amazing projects lined up. 

*Where did I find my supplies?*

The bottle cap tutorial is here:http://craftasticlife.blogspot.com/2009/06/bottle-cap-magnet-tutorial.html?m=1.

I found 100" inch chain at Joann's on sale.   Each necklace is 25".   I found the feather charms, medallions and findings (head pins, lobster claws, jump rings, decorative thick chain) at hobby lobby.   Hobby Lobby carries burlap bags in the jewelry section but they also carry same in the wedding section.    I found mine in the wedding section much cheaper & on sale.   

I bought the bottle caps years ago on ebay and they now sell a tool to punch a hole in the bottle caps.   Sadly I'm not sure what it's called but it was around $10 or so.   

In the tutorial link I used glossy accents, but I used Diamond Glaze this time.   Same idea.   

I have plenty of left over supplies for future projects:). 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your necklaces. I am a table leader in my MOPS group & would love to make something similar for the ladies at my table. Is there a way you could e-mail me the document you used for your Be You Bravely bottlecaps?
Thanks
Anna
annabshore@yahoo.com

Pages