Friday, May 17, 2013

Washi This, Washi That...

So many possibilities!
I love to decorate home decor and alter items.
Washi tape is a new favorite medium.

We recently did a busy bag swap at MOPS 
and it got me thinking about what else I 
could do to keep my {gasp} toddlers busy.
They are getting so big :(.   
For Christmas we bought them a 
quilted type fishing set and the love it.
So I thought miniatures would be perfect.
I lined the bottom of the tin with blue 
washi to make water as well decorated the
 top with washi tape in the colors of the fish.  
I then used a cricut image to top it.  
I used Paper Doll Dress Up and Animal Kingdom.
I made a template for the fish 
with chipboard and traced it onto felt.  
I just cut, sew and stuff and tada fish!
I used a small dowel for the fishing rod 
attached bakers twine, and asked my 
husband to sew Velcro on the end. 
These were perfect for the diaper bag. 
We put them to use on Mother's Day and the girls loved them.

Wooden peg dolls are adorable but with 
washi tape dresses they look so much fancier.
I drew on the faces then went to work with dress designs.

I found this little shelf at Marshall's on clearance a few weeks ago.  
Had it gone where it was intended it might have stayed just white.
But it didn't work there so I am using it in my craft room instead.
The washi tape just started wrapping its self lol.  

I did my light switch to match of course.

I used a bath tile to create this little piece of art.  
The background is all washi tape.  


What have you washi taped?






No comments:

Pages